Wednesday, September 06, 2006

BLOGAPAGOS POLL!!!

So here it is...
In January there is a nine-day gap between when I am leaving Cusco (Jan. 29) and when I need to be in Quito to meet up with the tour group (Feb. 7)
One plan I´ve had is just to bus it up there from Cusco and take my time and stop in various towns to see the sites. It will cost about $500 to do that.
The other plan I´ve had is to fly up to Quito right away and the fly over to the Galapagos and spend several days on the islands. This option, however would cost somewhere around $1500.
Now, I can afford both options but I might really miss that $1500 at some point down the road. And I will be by myself which might make it less fun. (Though more flexible.)
So what do you think? Should I go to the most unique islands in the world, the Galapagos, or should I mosey on up the coast and save my money?
Leave your comment and let me know!

4 Deep thoughts:

Pixletwin September 07, 2006 7:17 PM  

Question: Do you ever plan on visiting that part of the world again?

Answers:
a)No - The go to Galapagos. I personally would prefer to be alone anyway so I can't see how that would be a drawback.

b)Yes - Then save yer buckage. You can see someother time when you have the time and money to swing on over.

Anonymous September 08, 2006 5:24 AM  

I think you should get on some yacht with a dozen or so other crewmates and sail out among Darwin's beloved equatorial isles like some mariner of yester-century. It would be a great life experience and made lead to some magical musical ideas. PS-How's the Espanol coming?

Tan September 08, 2006 8:49 AM  

You should definitely go to the Galapagos. It is unique and historic, and my friends Ketty and Efren did their medical residencies there (does it still belong to Ecuador?) The thing about the money is that if you are desperate for it down the road you can earn more. You'll probably never have a chance to go again, you know that road less travelled thing.

Anonymous September 15, 2006 1:49 AM  

Nate,

I think you should go mosey on up the coast and see the island. BECAUSE.. when will you get the change to do that again? (If you're coming back to Utah)

Meredith (Carter) Foster

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP