Friday, June 27, 2008



WORLDS COLLIDING!

On Monday my Roland Keyboard finally arrived and I was happy. The elders were kind enough to help me haul it up the four flights of stairs to my room and help me put it back together. Now I can make music whenever I want. Underneath the lid of the keyboard the cords and screws were stowed away in baggies. However, there was one surprise from my parents: A big ball of Whitney's cat hair (and a nice note from Mom & Dad). Thanks you guys.... but couldn't you have hid some beef jerky in there instead? :-)


"Let's turn on the music machine!" -weird music machine lady from the ca.1980's PBS television program.

On Friday I had to buy a new light bulb for my desk lamp. So I headed to the Saturn (Europe's version of Best Buy) on the main walking street of Munich. I decided to take the U-Bahn to the Marienplatz and walk down the walking street and watch the tourists since it was such a nice day. As I was walking down the street amidst the hordes of people I saw someone I recognized... it was Mike Gates, a fellow music student at the University of Utah! I snuck up behind him and put my arm on his shoulder and said, "Hi Mike!" He did a huge double-take and was like, "Hi... Nate. What are you doing here?"

It turns out he wasn't alone, he was here with a choir group led by none other than the current head of the U of U choral department Dr. Allred. He also did quite the double take and he invited me to eat with them since they were just sitting down and had an extra "pre-paid" place set for a choir member who had to go home from the tour early. This choir was a sort of pick-up group of LDS church members from Salt Lake and other places as well and they had been touring Austria and Bavaria. So who else should be there with the choir but my 12th grade seminary teacher Brother Leishman!

So I had a wonderful and completely coincidental dinner with all of these people from my past worlds (I even got to take the left-overs home.) That night I went to hear them sing at the Munich stake center where they were putting on a program, and of course they sounded great.



Left-Right: Bro. Leishman, Me, Dr. Allred, Sharon Gates, Mike Gates's wife (can't remember her name at the moment,) and Mike Gates.


First a hairball from Whitney and then a seminary teacher and then friends from college... what's next?

...



5 Deep thoughts:

Anonymous June 28, 2008 10:48 PM  

Looks like the stars were lined up just right on that day...reminds me of the time we met Golzes under the Eiffel Tower.

Anonymous June 29, 2008 5:59 AM  

It's time you're aware, it's a small world after all.

Anonymous June 29, 2008 8:51 AM  

I just want to know where the hair ball is now? I bet you have it displayed somewhere. Don't deny it.

Haley June 30, 2008 4:25 PM  

Ah, Bro. Leishman... he's a good man. Like unto Charlie Brown.

Aimee June 30, 2008 11:03 PM  

Wow! What a funny coincidence. I think you are the luckiest person alive -- scoring free meals.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP