Tuesday, June 03, 2008



One Big Happy Family!



Being a member of the Church can be a lot of fun. Even though there are fewer members out here, there is more of a sense of sticking together.

After church one day I found the sister missionaries making lunch in the kitchen and they were kind enough to invite me to eat with them. (You know you're in a sorry state when the missionaries are feeding YOU! ;-) We were hoping that no investigators would walk in and think we were polygamists.


Elder Lugo (from Mexico via Texas) was going home so a few members threw him a little party.



I was the life of the party... until they asked me to leave.



Ok... not really.






I went on a joint-teach with some other missionaries who are teaching a very nice Hungarian lady. She cooked dinner for us the first time and we cooked for her the second time.



We made a new dish I've been experimenting with:

Leaves of Smoked Salmon drenched in lemon over a bed of penne pasta and halved cherry tomatoes, littered with shallots and garlic.



Monday night is Family Home Evening at the church for the Young Single Adults. This past week a lot were gone, but we still had a nice time playing cards. Elder & Sister Williams (right) staff the Outreach Center here in Munich.






In other news: I was given a calling in my ward this past week. I'm the 2nd Counselor in the Young Men's Presidency. The other two members of the presidency are also about my age (though married) and we get along well. The president is French and married to a Russian, the 1st counselor is French-Canadian and married to an American. There are four young men in the ward (which is the most of the four Munich wards so we do a lot of stuff with the other wards as well.) Two of the young men are Ecuadorian, one is Filipino, one is sort of Italian, one is Hungarian (well, his dad is), there are a few Germans as well. Munich is a mini "It's A Small World" but without the boats.

On Saturday we played soccer. I haven't played in years and I'm not very good. But I held my own scoring two goals and avoiding any soccer balls to the face or groin. The next day however, I was sore! Really sore. But it was a good kind of hurt.

On Sunday I also felt brave enough to get up and introduce myself and give my testimony in German. Way to go N...evermind.

Everything else is going fine and I'm trying to decide where to go for my next day-trip. Any suggestions?




...



4 Deep thoughts:

Anonymous June 04, 2008 5:39 AM  

I think you should go to Liechtenstein. Vaduz is only 119 miles from Munchen, and you must admit, microstates are awesome. Think of the Rhine, the Alps, the prince's castle, and the postage stamps! Ah, there is nothing like a day trip to the sixth smallest country on the planet. Where do others think he should go?

Anonymous June 04, 2008 6:31 AM  

Prince michael has you wandering off to never-never land...
Salzburg is calling your name. Find a lonley cafe in "Old Town" and put your feelings to music.

Anonymous June 05, 2008 2:54 AM  

Lagoon!

Alana June 07, 2008 1:33 AM  

I have a soft spot in my heart for Salzburg (Did you know Wade and I lived with the parents of a friend he met in South America there?) But it also had the best Doener/Gyro I've ever eaten (and I've eaten A LOT!) Don't forget to check out Lake Hallstatt a couple hours away.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP