Sunday, June 08, 2008



AREA CAT HAS BIRTHDAY

West Valley City- For some, turning 19 means saying goodbye to the teenage years and entering adulthood. For Whitney the cat, 19 years old means napping through the prime years of geriatrics.
"McGow!" says Whitney about her recent milestone; she was quite stunned when she learned that 19 was nearly 96 in dog years. The Burmese-Siamese plans to celebrate today by sleeping on the family room ottoman for 11 hours straight. A walk through the kitchen and some personal licking are also on the agenda for today.



Whitney and Nate, 1989


...

9 Deep thoughts:

Anonymous June 09, 2008 5:33 AM  

So when is her actual birthday? If it was today than she spent it tragically alone, as mom and dad flew out to Atlanta early this morning. I plan to check on her tomorrow and I'll give her a hearty "McGow" from everyone. On the celebratory side, Miss Whitney was able to join mom, Jessica, Aubree, and Lily for the "Princess Party" this past Thursday evening.

Anonymous June 09, 2008 6:07 AM  

How funny. Last night I made the comment to Tom that tomorrow (today) would be Whitney's birthday. Then I said "I bet Nate will put something on the blog about it." I knew you wouldn't forget "your girl's" birthday.

Anonymous June 09, 2008 6:15 AM  

Well, if I can't be president maybe I should get a cat like Whitney!

Robin June 09, 2008 6:29 AM  

My family's cat was almost that old, but she died last month! Shoot! Old cats.
And we think she is definitely haunting my parents' house.

Anonymous June 11, 2008 8:53 AM  

I woke up with that cat basically on my face once. Just, uh, thought I'd throw that out there.

Anonymous June 12, 2008 3:39 AM  

Nate, the birthday surprise is yet to come... since YOUR birthday is only 2 1/2 short months away, we've all decided to box up Whitney and ship her to Munich. (Okay, only Matt and Karyn are "itching" to get rid of her.)

Anonymous June 14, 2008 7:48 PM  

If it makes you feel better about us evacuating the premises on Queen Whitney's birthday, I did give her a 20 minute "brushing" upon our return last night. I think there was almost enough fur to create another cat!

Anonymous June 15, 2008 1:49 AM  

Speaking of our black cat... I was offended when we were leaving the Atlanta Marriott and noticed the Hotel was welcoming the Association of Black Accountants. How is this country going to become color blind as long as groups or associations include in their name the color of it's members?

Haley June 16, 2008 4:20 PM  

My cat is getting up there in years too. She's schizophrenic. It's funny.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP