Sunday, May 04, 2008



LED BY THE ZEPPELIN


We've had a lot of rainy weather recently so when a sunny Saturday came around I had to take advantage of it and get out. I first went to the Olympic Park where the 1972 Olympics took place. As I approached the Olympic Tower (above) I saw a big Zeppelin floating around. Okay.

The Olympic Park was nice, but I'm going to wait for an even clearer day to go to the top of the tower.

This is all part of the Olympic Stadium & Complex.





After seeing the Olympia Park, I went to the U-Bahn station to catch the subway. While waiting, a little mouse was scurrying about the platform. It's quite common to see mice around the underground stations... but this one was quite brave.



Next I did some walking and discovered a cool old cemetary...



And a neat church....



Then I bought a Subway sandwich and took it into the Englischer Garten for lunch. It was full of people enjoying their Saturday (and fully clothed, might I add)...



While eating my sandwich, a ladybug came to visit. But this was no ordinary ladybug, it was an inverted ladybug: black with red spots...



...don't worry, I didn't eat her.

As I was leaving the Garten I saw the Zeppelin again. There it is....



Spring was out in force in the inner city....



And so were the street musicians....



And people enjoying themselves at the sidewalk cafes on the Marienplatz...



I made it to the church for a little piano practicing before meeting the elders to go to a member appointment. On the way to the appointment we saw that darn Blimp again...



Because they're single sisters, the elders needed to have another male member with them in order to meet with them. They are from Venezuela originally. We ate some good Venezuelan food. That's Lucky the Cat by the way.



So it had been a full fun Spring day of Mice, Ladybugs, Subways, Blimps and Cats named Lucky.


...



3 Deep thoughts:

Anonymous May 04, 2008 10:43 PM  

It looks like your time was well spent on this beautiful Saturday in Munich.
Today is Fast Sunday so your Subway sandwich looked good. As it is later in the day the lady bug even looks good and the blimp makes me want to go to Blimplies.
"Lucky" for me I will stay home with my cat.

Anonymous May 05, 2008 5:24 AM  

The last time I was in Munchen it was the warm summer of '92 and the sunbathers in the Englisch Garten were NOT all fully clothed. Needless to say, I'd take a blimp flying overhead to some of the blimps I saw lathering up with sunscreen! Tschus!

Anonymous May 05, 2008 7:02 PM  

You lost your beard!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP