Wednesday, February 13, 2008


Journey to the North....
(read this post first and then the one below)

Sometimes you can stew about a decision only to find out that your path can really only go one way.

I emailed the school in Nuremberg and received no response. I even tried telephoning them and it seems they don't have any full-time positions at the moment. That's not what they're website said, but whatever.

So I made a new decision. I'm leaving tomorrow to travel the length of Germany to the city of Hamburg in the north. I will stay there for a few days and get a feel for the city. Then, I hope to travel 100 miles east to the small town of my distance relatives Sybille & Wolfgang and spend some time with them. They have been friends of our family for many years and are wondeful people.

If really feel good about Hamburg then I can see what opportunities are available there. It will be a tough sell after Munich. I've come to really like this city in the week I've been here. I have gotten especially excited about the possibility of taking day-trips to the Alps, Salzburg, and some of the medieval towns in the area.

I went to the train station today and purchased a rail pass that allows me to travel anywhere in Germany for four individual days over one month. I also transfered a bunch of my stuff that I don't need right away into my suitcase and wheeled it over to the LDS meetinghouse. Elder & Sister Williams had told me they would watch after it until I returned. So with my rail pass I have the flexibility to be gone from Munich until March 13. If I decide to return to work in Munich, it will work out nicely to use the days after the 13th to look for a place to live and hopefully start work within a week or two. If I decide to stay in Hamburg I will still have enough travel days on my pass to go to Munich and retrieve my bag.

*phew*

1 Deep thoughts:

Anonymous February 14, 2008 6:29 AM  

Nathan,

I am so pleased to hear you will be visiting the place of my birth. Please help me scope out opportunities there to rob more banks and restaurants for when I next return. I also want to show Ronald McDonald and Grimace some of my old stomping grounds. Don't you just love the name "Grimace"? He's my best bud. Oh, and those little fry kids.

Blog Archive

Nate's Picasa Albums

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP