Monday, February 11, 2008



Decisions.... Decisions....

Good news and bad news:

Good: I had a great interview today with the Inlingua language institute. The staff director said he would be very interested in hiring me. The pay is good, the hours surprisingly flexible...

Bad: They're not taking any new teachers until the end of March. And Munich has the highest rent in Germany. For a single room with shared bathroom and kitchen: €400-900/month ($600-1350).

So I have a big decision to make. Here are my options:

1. I could wait and take the job here in Munich in March. I could travel a bit in the meantime. However: $$$$... or rather... €€€€ Plus, I'd still have to deal with the high rent.

2. I could go to Hamburg in the North. It is the second largest city in Germany. There are a lot of cultural offerings, even musical offerings. But it is a big city with big city issues. While it's not as expensive as Munich, it is still an expensive city. I don't know what the job opportunities are like.

3. I could go two hours north to the town of Nuremburg. It is a smaller city (about 500,000 people), it has a fascinating history, and is near to Munich, Prague, and the Bavarian countryside. There is a job opening immediately with Inlingua there, and the cost of living would be less.

4. I could go to Afghanistan as a Bounty Hunter and take care of Osama once and for all!

This is the decision I face. I will decide within the next few hours... tomorrow is my last night in this hotel!


In other news: this evening I went to the church to practice the piano for a bit. Then at seven the missionary couple held Family Home Evening. It was the two of them, one single adult, and me. Sister Williams made chocolate chip cookies and there were plenty to go around. It was nice.

Wish me luck....

5 Deep thoughts:

Haley February 12, 2008 6:30 AM  

I have some bad news for YOU... no amount of facial hair will ever make you a bounty hunter.

My vote is head north with the lower cost of living and the immediate job. That is, if you're taking votes at this point...

Anonymous February 12, 2008 2:04 PM  

I'm with Haley on this one. Cost of living is a pain no matter where you go, so if you can find a cheaper place with an opprotunity, take it. You could probably stay there for a short time and work your way to Munich or Hamburg down the road.

The only way I'd say take one of the first two is if it's a once in a long time opprotunity. As for #4, you'll need a longer beard to blend in so you can sneak up from behind in his sleep.

Anonymous February 12, 2008 4:56 PM  

Dude, doesn't, like, Nuremberg have trials and Nazis and stuff. That would, like, freak me out and maybe even Pedro.

Anonymous February 13, 2008 5:08 AM  

Come and get me Nathan. I don't fear your new Ranger powers!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!

Nathan Winder February 13, 2008 11:35 PM  

Jeez Napoleon!

Of COURSE that's where the Nuremberg Trials were. I've known that since I was like one years old. GOSH!

Blog Archive

Nate's Picasa Albums

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP