Sunday, June 07, 2009


BACK TO THE GERMANY




May 1st:

I woke up in Copenhagen and said my goodbyes to Elder & Sister Jepson. They had been so nice to let me stay with them and letting me feel so at home. I walked to the train station, picking up some hot, fresh danishes on the way, and boarded my train.

I rode south through the Danish countryside once again...







...and before I knew it I was at the end of the line.... literally, in this case as this is the southernmost tip of Denmark and here the railway has no choice but to end. See...




I boarded my ferry and watched as we pulled away from Denmark. Here is one of the giant sea cranes they use for shipping...




I rode the ferry and soon I was approaching Germany once again. It was a beautiful day and the waterfront was full of life...










There was a giant Russian sailing ship at port...




A cruise ship...




And a boat for Jessica...




Even more massive cranes...




Rostock is a big port...





The police boats...




Sybille was there waiting for me as I got off the ferry. We drove back to Lüssow and I had a little something to eat before we got Wolfgang and walked about 20 minutes to a field outside of Lüssow. There we got to see the Mecklenburg Motocross...




There were several different motorbike races going on that day. It was noisy, dusty, hot, and crowded with country-folk all out to see the competition. It was great!




Of course we had to get some grilled bratwursts...





We found a nice spot to watch and spectated our hearts out.


Auf die Plätze....

Fertig...




LOS!...







The jumps were fun to watch (and photograph)...








There were so many, it almost felt like watching a hover-bike race...













Then came the 4-wheelers...

On your mark...

Get set...



Go!...













But one can only take so much of motorbikes riding in giant circles...




So after enjoying our time at the Motocross we headed back home. But I just had to stop in one of the raps seed fields...




Once back at the house Sybille got the key from the neighbor to let me go into the church and climb the tower...




Here I be on top. It was a bit precarious as there was no guard railing or anything...




The yellow fields around Lüssow...




Looking towards the windmills...




Wolfgang & Sybille's house (with the skylight)...




Yellow...





The bells were ringing as I descended. It was cool inside this old church because everything inside is ancient and totally authentic. In other words, nothing touristy like all the big churches in bigger cities.




Hours before there had been a wedding and so there were candlesticks on the pews and flower pedals in the aisle. Now the church was empty but for the sunbeams...




Later on I borrowed Wolfgang's bike and rode it around the fields a bit...









We had a nice BBQ dinner outside and the next day I rode the trains back to Munich. I had quite a bit of mileage and several hundred pictures from my little Spring Break in northern Germany and Scandanavia.

...Up next, so what's been happening in Munich lately anyway?

Stay tuned...


...

1 Deep thoughts:

Jessica's dad June 14, 2009 10:02 PM  

I've saved the Jessica boat to be our desktop background< and I'll see how long it takes Jessica to notice.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP