Saturday, March 14, 2009

BLOG UNDER RENOVATION

I'm trying to find a new template for my blog that allows for me to post larger-sized photos, so I'll be experimenting a bit over the next few weeks. If anybody knows a good template with a large post column and a separated side column let me know. I'm getting kind of frustrated with blogger in general and there's a chance that I might switch to wordpress or some other blogging site. I welcome suggestions as far as that goes also.

UPDATE: Apparently there are some problems with the pictures appearing correctly with different monitor resolutions. I need to know if the new header collage is over-extended on the right side on your monitor, and if the big pictures in this post are being clipped on the right side. You can tell if it's clipped because you won't be able to see that thin black frame on the right edge of the picture. Let me know, and if you know your monitor resolution, let me know that also. Thanks.

Meanwhile, enjoy some photos of my favorite mountain: Mt. Kessler!




Almost exactly half-way up Big Cottonwood Canyon near Salt Lake City lies Mt. Kessler.



With it's distinctive shape, the peak that you see is actually not the highest point of the mountain, that lies behind and beyond view from the above perspective.




Above is the perspective from Cardiff Fork, facing West. The knob that you see in the other pictures is on the far right.



For those who haven't heard it, someday, if you're good, I might tell you the story of the Man of Mt. Kessler.







...



6 Deep thoughts:

Mike Winder March 14, 2009 5:42 PM  

I like the new masthead a lot. Do I know the story of the Man of Mount Kessler? I've hiked it at least.

Unknown March 14, 2009 6:01 PM  

Hi Skippy! I love you! I like your new masthead, Dad just explained what a masthead is. I love to here stories about you when you were my age. My favorite story is How You Got the Name Skippy.

Anonymous March 16, 2009 4:52 AM  

Wordpress has always been very kind to me. I tried Blogger for one day when I moved from Angelfire's blogging service and hated it. The importing was especially difficult and you couldn't change the timestamp on posts. That may have been fixed by now (I don't know), but I've always been happy with Wordpress. It seems a bit more customizable and less generic. I'd recommend a switch, as importing from Blogger to Wordpress is pretty simple too, from what I've read.

Out of curiosity, what issues has Blogger been giving you?

Aimee March 18, 2009 4:00 PM  

The photos go far over on the right side on my screen. If I scroll over, then I can see them all, but when the blog pops up, it cuts it off. Hope that helps. I have no idea my monitor resolution or whatever you asked.

Tom and Tami March 19, 2009 4:23 AM  

Is someone a little homesick?

Your pictures look great and come across just fine on my computer. I don't know my monitor resolution either.

Nathan Winder March 22, 2009 6:52 PM  

Jeff:
Blogger has some bugs with its dashboard. It still says I have 6 comments that need to be moderated, but I turned of comment moderation long ago and the link doesn't actually take me to comment moderation.

I still can't put real titles on my blog posts. I have no idea why not.
The title bar is simply not there. (That's why when I import posts to facebook they always say "No Title")

There used to be a lot of issues when I uploaded photos directly, which caused me to switch to uploading photos first to picasa and then linking.

I wish there were more layout options.

I already have a wordpress account, I just haven't done much with it. We'll see...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP