Monday, February 15, 2010

Comic Life

One day I found this great application that came with my Mac called Comic Life. It's really easy to use, you just click and drag your pictures in the boxes, re-size them as needed, put a speech bubble in and write the words. I've used it a few times for missionaries who are going home and want me to write something in their "Tschüssbuch" (Farewell Book).

Here are a few of my favorites...


This is one I did a long time ago for an elder who served in our ward for quite a while. He had left a bunch of his photos on the computer at church and I sneakily copied them for use in his Tschüssbuch.

(if it's difficult to read, try clicking on the photo and then once you are at the Picasa photo then click on "full screen" in the upper left-hand corner.)




















Here's a Tschüssbuch entry I did for a sister a while back. It's not with Comic Life, but Photoshop...





Elder & Sister Robinson are the missionary couple who have been serving in the Young Adult Institute Center here in Munich for the past year and half. They are going home next week and so we all designed our own entries in a massive Tschüssbuch for them. We each got one page, front and back. As I started on their comic, however, I got a little carried away and decided to go all out and do something as cheesy and over-the-top as possible.

There are a few inside jokes here that most of you won't get, and there's a bit of German, but overall it's fairly understandable. Also "J-A-E" is short for Young Single Adults. It is pronounced in German, "Yot-aah-ey"...


























That's all.



...




5 Deep thoughts:

Haley February 15, 2010 3:44 AM  

Fun.

Big Brother February 15, 2010 6:32 AM  

One of the more off the wall blog posts. I like it!

Tom and Tami February 18, 2010 1:02 AM  

Very entertaining. I wish we had that program on our computer.
...I didn't know you could play the guitar...

Lynette February 22, 2010 2:06 AM  

Oh that's waaaay too fun, Nate!! I LOVE it!! :) :)

Mom February 22, 2010 6:07 PM  

On the one for Elder and Sister Robinson:
Were you singing to the tune,
"Hey, Mrs. Robinson"?
I was trying to figure it out. Pretty clever and creative!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP