Thursday, July 17, 2008



HOW I SPENT MY SOMMER VACATION: Part I

I've just returned from a wonderful two-week (almost) vacation in various parts of Germany. I have over 1000 photos to sort through so I have a lot of work to do. I've done and seen so much that I will have to divide it into several blog entries. So get ready!

Where all did I go? Who did I meet? What animals live in Sybille & Wolfgang's backyard? Does the hymn "Ye Elders of Israel" really make a party happenin'? What animal tried to eat my hair? What strange aquatic animal did I eat for dinner? What is a schloss? What famous Michael Jackson landmark did I visit? What action movie did I re-enact on location? Who left their hat on the field of Waterloo for me to see up close and personal? How many public music performances did I give and were they any good? Which famous composer's grave did I visit? Where were the roommates in my hostel from? Which two foreign countries did I visit for the first time? What is the view like from "The Balcony of Europe"? Will you be as surprised as I was by two different statues of Jesus? What is Silesian Kingdom of Heaven and were there prunes? Why did I get kicked off a train? What does Saxony have to do with Southern Utah? Did I really run around three different cities with three different women, a hairdresser, a kindergarten teacher, and one named Unna-Eike, all twice my age? What religion tried to convert me on the train? Did I really have a penthouse apartment all to myself for two nights? Who is John Galt?

The answers to these questions and more are coming right up... so keep a close eye on the blog!


...


6 Deep thoughts:

herb July 18, 2008 12:15 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
herb July 18, 2008 12:16 AM  

Nice blog over here, too! Looks like you're enjoying life in my old Heimatstadt. It sure is pretty.

PS: It's "der Blog".

Anonymous July 18, 2008 6:29 AM  

I'm not sure I can wait for the blog to come out. If you tell me about your travels before the others I'll send you some beef jerky.

Anonymous July 18, 2008 7:05 AM  

Will there be a quiz afterwards?

Haley July 19, 2008 2:57 AM  

Hmm... I never knew you to be dramatic. Ohkay I couldn't even keep a straight face TYPING that.

Alana July 19, 2008 6:11 AM  

I think it'd be funny if your next entry didn't answer any of those questions.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP