Saturday, December 23, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS from 1984!


Well I taught my last class at Maximo Nivel on Friday. While I´m excited to be moving on and doing new things soon, I found it difficult to say goodbye to a lot of these students whom I´ve taught since October.

My High-Basic class was particularly endearing as were my 12-year-olds. At the end of class everybody in the High-Basic class came up to me and gave me a big hug and I realized how attached I´d become to them.

With my 12-year-old class, two of them had already left a few days ago for Christmas holiday while two remained in the class. They both kept begging me not to leave Cusco. One of them finished his exam and gave me a big hug and then left. The other one, (who was always the rowdiest and most difficult to control in class) finally finished his exam and said as he always does, "see you tomorrow, teacher" but then he realized that he wouldn´t and he all of a sudden started to cry and came over and gave me a big hug and said, "you´re a good teacher." It was really sweet and it certainly meant a lot to me. (No crying mom!)

I said goodbye to my other classes and my intermediate class (made up of several tour guides) invited me to go visit some sites with them next week.

After classes we had a small party for the Maximo Nivel faculty and staff. Then a few of us went out for some dinner.

Now it´s Saturday and I´m late in meeting Tammie and Alana at the church to go over a Christmas medley we´re doing in church on Sunday.

So I gotta go....


My Pre-Intermediate I class


My Intermediate III class


My High-Basic class

My Niños

The Academic Office staff

Some of my fellow teachers at the Christmas party

My Spanish teacher, Jacki

My friends Jed and Cristina


0 Deep thoughts:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP